Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sad truth...

Do people start looking for friends when they are getting married? Hmm...Why ah? Hongbao or sharing of their happiness?

I received a sms from a friend, with whom I had no spoken for like 10 years. She's getting married at the end of the month and would like me to attend her wedding. It was nice of her to think of inviting me but then i just found it a bit funny coz we hadn't spoke to each other for like 10 years.The last time I saw her was like 6 years back and we just smiled at each other.

Oh well, i'm happy that she's getting married. Hopefully it lasts. Do i sound cynical? But isn't that the case these days? The divorce rates are like soaring higher and higher day by day. People are like getting married and getting divorced at unimaginable speed.

These days I hear more people getting divorced than getting married. Scary isn't it? Although I am an optimistic person, hearing too much of such news makes me think alot about marriage.

Getting married is easy...Its the 'staying married' part that's difficult. To me, marriage is about being with that special someone for the rest of your life. Remember the phrase 'Till death do us part'? That is what marriage is to me. If two people make a decision to get married, they should be ready for everything that comes along with it-The commitment, the need to compromise, the ability to remain faithful to each other and the courage to handle difficult times with each other.

If I do get married to someone, I would want both of us to be married and in love with each other till either one of us dies.

I know I won't screw up but would the other person be the same?

Looking at things, I'm slowly losing faith nowadays...

2 comments:

SumiSweet said...

"Getting married is easy...Its the 'staying married' part that's difficult."

I so agree with this part. I know the feeling of losing faith babe. Even when you have that special person, your mind starts wondering abt 'what if'. But I guess if we start losing hope and faith, we'll never be happy.

*hugs*

*BabyKet* said...

*hugs* Sumi.

Hope and faith is what keeps us going rite...i guess we just have to believe and move forward. Thanks dear!

Love ya! :)