Thursday, October 30, 2008

Deepavali 2008

The long holiday is over...Back to work again...Sigh... :(

I always make the mistake of not applying for leave the next day after Deepavali and I always end up taking urgent leave the next day coz I'm tired after all that visting. Next year, I'm going to make sure that I apply for leave in advance.
It was quite a quiet Deepavali this year. But looking on the bright side, it was really a nice Deepavali.
I stayed over at Victor's place and his sister and I played with sparklers and bubbles the night before. His mum and I made 'payasam' at 3 am in the morning.I was trying to snap a nice shot of the sparklers and this was the best that I got! Then Victor's batteries died before I could take anymore pictures!
That's me and Athena, Victor's sister. Took this before we headed out to his uncle's place.
Victor's parents - They are the cutest 50+ year-old couple I've ever seen!!!
My visiting routine was the same this year, with a few houses skipped coz of the time constraint. I was stuffing myself with cookies & food!! My favs have always been - 'Nei Urundai' and 'London Almond Biscuits'!! I just can't resist them!!

Another particular habit is having coffee and chicken wings at my aunt's place. I did that last year and i did it again this year! hehe...The results - Diarrhoea the next day!!! But nothing beats those chicken wings, fresh out of the frying pan!

De-niece...Growing up isn't she!!!
And what is Deepavali without this!!!
I was super full when I reached Rathika's place, which was our last stop. But I just couldn't resist the food at her place. Had another round of whacking!!! Siva's friends were there too and they were just so amazed on how we could take sooo many photos!!! Hehehehe!!!
Siva smiling over what we got him!! That look from Rathika was classic! Hehehe!!
Siva and his friends - They kinda had a hard time smiling for this photo!
Us!!
The only thing missing was Victor. I'm so glad he's coming back next Wednesday!

No comments: