Monday, February 4, 2008

How far should filial piety be?

When u have the inspiration to blog, the PC is not near you. When you have a PC in front of you and you want to blog, you don’t have the inspiration…….funny mechanics……

The weekend was good. But it also proved that one late night can leave to a tiring whole Saturday….sigh……it just shows that age is catching up…..sigh……*cough cough*

Friday was my friend Katijah’s birthday and Minah n I decided to give her a surprise. That was me appearing at Emerald Hill, with a cake, where they were, without Katijah knowing about it. She was happy to see me. She’s going through this rough patch now….i guess it always happens, at some point in time in life where you have to make a decision that would determine your future….Poor her…The Friday night outing cheered her up.
Katijah and I go a long way….we started out at pen-pals….I know, at an age when email was a in-thing, we met thru the mode of writing. I guess it was through teletext. What was more dumb was that we were just staying quite near-I was at Jurong then and she at Clementi.

We wrote to each other, mailed presents to each other on our birthdays. We finally met a year later. Since then we have been friends. We did lose touch for some time but we got back together again. Now we are working together in the same branch. Wonderful rite! J

Looking at the pics, nobody would ever believe that I didn’t drink at all. There were 4 glasses of Martini coz it was 2 for 1 and there were 3 of us but Minah drank 2 glasses and the rest had 1 each coz I was too tired to drink anything.

But we had fun, taking all kind of wacky shots, like we always do….hehe…..
The Birthday Girl and her cake:We were really having lots of fun, trying to feed her the tiny cake and posing with the drinks!

Me and Minah started our nonsensical photo-taking!
*Martini with Minah!* - Wonder what I would do without her!
This was like so fake! Katijah had to give that "U - Drinking" reaction! haha!!
I came back at 12+ and was sooo tired the next day....I had to wake up early for tuition and I was out the whole day. Once I came back home at 11+ on Saturday, I went straight to bed!


I and Vanitha visited our friend Habibah on Saturday afternoon to see her baby who was a month and a few days old! He was such a cutie. But he started crying after a while...hehe....guess he might have been frightened by us...hehe.....he looks exactly like Habibah. His name is Zafir Amin. Kinda cool eh.
My mum is driving me nuts. She really pissed me off on Sunday. This is one of those moments where I really regret being nice to my family and going through thick and thin with them. Sigh. It really hurts when your family don't know you as well as they should and don't appreciate you as much as they should. How far should filial piety be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice time u had with ur old fren.. cool! =)
And abt the family not appreciating u thing.. babe, i haf been thru that same shit.. it sucks.. it really does.
But u noe wat, its just a bloody phase they are goin thru and they give us hell.. and then they come back to normal. So just.. take it easy.. dun give it much thought else u will feel very shitty abt it.. dun worry ket.. it will be fine soon.. =)
Take care ah...